Foleshill, St Laurence, West Midlands
|Bells:||3; 7½cwt in A - UNRINGABLE|
|Contact:||Rev. Michael Cleveland, St Laurence's Vicarage, 142 Old Church Road,
History Of The Bells
This tower is in part of Coventry. It is NOT the brick built tower on Foleshill Road, this containing a single bell. It is further away from the city centre. Please check on the map link before travelling.
These bells are unringable. There is an ancient frame and fittings, the wheels being sawn off and the stocks braced to frame to prevent movement. Ellacombe chimes have been fitted. There is a rope attached to the tenor clapper which has a muffle on one side and is used for funerals. The trebles are very nearly the same note, the tenor a minor third below. The organ occupies the high ground stage of the tower and there is a low clock-room between this and the bells.
|Details Of The Bells|
|1||Hugh Watts II, Leicester||1635||4½cwt||29.00"|
|2||Hugh Watts II, Leicester||1616||6cwt||32.125"|
|3||Hugh Watts II, Leicester||1616||7½cwt||34.50"|