Coventry, Stoke, St Michael, West Midlands
|Bells:||8; 13-1-9 in F# (GF)|
|OS Grid Reference:||140/358795|
|Practice Night:||Wednesday 7:30pm-9:00pm|
|Service Ringing:||Sunday 10:30am-11:00am|
|Contact:||Mrs Jean Harrison, 22 Oswin Grove, Coventry CV2 5GJ|
History Of The Bells
The bells were originally three in number and had been derelict for over 40 years before anything was done. The augmentation was a complicated story - hung as a ring of five in April 1902 and augmented to six in May 1902, the tenor weighing 9-3-26. The bells were hung in a two tier frame with the second on top. The ring was remodelled in 1905 when the fourth was recast, and a treble and tenor added. All were rehung on ball bearings by Taylors in 1947. The Taylor bells were cast with flat tops, the other two have had their canons removed.
The tower is small and therefore the bells are on two levels. Bells 2, 5 and 8 are on top. The ringing room is cosy! Though there is a need for rope guides the bells go well and are suitable for the less experienced visitor. Entrance is normally via the tower door.
There is a church car park just to the west of the church up a small road almost opposite "The Rose and Crown" pub. This car park is, however, not suitable for coaches.
Details Of The Bells
|1||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1905||4-0-11||25.50"||1445.5Hz||(F#-29c)|
|2||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1902||4-0-05||26.31"||1370.0Hz||(E#-34c)|
|3||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1902||4-2-03||28.00"||1227.5Hz||(D#-24c)|
|5||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1905||6-1-15||32.625"||968.5Hz||(B-34c)|
|6||John de Colsale, Nottingham||c.1410||7-1-15||34.50"||920.0Hz||(A#-23c)|
|7||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1902||9-3-26||38.50"||818.0Hz||(G#-26c)|
|8||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1905||13-1-09||42.50"||727.0Hz||(F#-31c)|