Burton Hastings, St Botolph, Warwickshire
|Bells:||5; 6-3-9 in B|
|Service Ringing:||6.00pm-6.30pm (alt) (Check)|
|Contact:||Mr G Trevor, 11 Hall Lane, Wolvey, Nr. Hinckley, Leics. LE10 3LF|
History Of The Bells
One of the more northerly towers in the Diocese this is a very pretty country church just off the B4109 near to J1 of the M69. It is in the centre of the village, straight on in the middle of a series of sweeping bends. This church has been relatively untouched over the centuries and any more than a congregation of around 75 would really fill it!
The bells form a nice ring of 5, rung from a small gallery, the stairs being at the left of the photograph. The metal "H" frame and fittings are by Taylors, 1937, at which time the existing tenor, a Newcombe bell of the late sixteenth century, was recast. The old bells retain their canons, whilst the new ones were cast with flat heads. The old bells have been quarter turned.
Entrance is from inside the church via the south door and a few cars can park in the road beside the churchyard wall.
Details Of The Bells
|1||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1937||3-1-18||24.50"||1515.0Hz||(F#+40c)|
|2||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1937||3-3-01||26.00"||1351.0Hz||(E+42c)|
|3||Bryan Eldridge, Coventry||1657||4-1-06||27.625"||1275.0Hz||(D#+42c)|
|4||Henry Bagley II, Chacombe||1687||5-0-01||29.625"||1135.0Hz||(C#+41c)|
|5||John Taylor & Co, Loughborough||1937||6-3-09||32.50"||1011.0Hz||(B+40c)|